Monday, December 12, 2011

The Trans - A Lovely Day

So after my last post the day just went on to get better and better. I went back to get Jo for lunch and convinced her to go to the pizza restaurant with me - not only for the pizza but because it has a beautiful view from the terrace. So we spent a few hours there eating and drinking wine and sitting in the sun watching the ocean crash over the shore and the battlements of the fort! Lovely! Then we went back to the hotel for a couple hours nap until Eti woke us up to go to the hammam. So I packed up my new hammam soap and my hammam glove and Eti and I were off to the hammam the hotel lady recommended. That was a bit of an interesting experience. Its apparently a new hammam and very very popular!!! It was super busy! Really big - but really busy!!! Old people to young children. Anyways - we were too late to get the good spots so we ended up in the last room which is also the hottest!

It must've been at least 40 degrees (Celsius) which is way too much for me - and the floor was hot. Oh - we also learned why they all have little chairs they sit on!! They like to shave (and by shave I mean all of their hair everywhere) and they just leave big clumps of like pubic hair all over the floor - so anyways - we don't have stools so we had to find a relatively clean and safe place. But we were in the hot room so it wasn't quite as relaxing as I hoped because I couldn't stay in there long! But I scrubbed up good and bought a big bottle of water after to rehydrate myself!! I'll have to shower tomorrow because I sweat so much after the hammam I'm probably not that clean anymore :P

But then we got back to the hostel and one of the guys invited a street performer back. He's an older Parisian man that plays the accordion. Now the accordion has a bad reputation - but actually it was really lovely!! It was like Paris in the Springtime!! He played a few songs in the background while we all chatted! Very nice! Waybetter than whatever our group on the truck is doing!! So then we just had some wonderful conversation with interesting people from around the world!! A wonderful evening!! And now I'm off to bed because its like 10pm and the hammam exhausted me (which is my excuse because honestly I've been in bed around this time every night - Morocco exhausts me)!!!

1 comment: