Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The Trans - crossing the border

Finally!! We have left Morocco behind and are entering Mauritania. We are currently in the No Man's land between the 2 countries! Its a long process...not assisted by our leader's language or people skills :P but we've made it out of Morocco in about 3 hours and now we have to get into Mauritania. Booze isn't allowed to be taken into the country so we've all hidden our stock away...and I guess that's it! This is all extremely boring and its quite warm now as its after noon and we still have the windows down on the truck!

I have decided to start asking a lot of questions of our leader. I made the mistake of asking what we were doing for lunch - since it was 12:30 and we hadn't finished the Morocco border crossing - and she had the snarky answer that we are eating. So she couldn't just say that we'll eat after we cross...what a bitch! I don't know how she's had this job for 12 years! Basically people are scared to ask her questions or piss her off - but we are the customers! My client's never worry about pissing me off!! So yea - now I'm gonna ask questions about everything! I want to know exactly what we are doing, where we will stay and how many km away places are! And I want to know what route we are taking! This is my damn holiday and I'm tired of being told "Tour Leader won't like that" Who cares?!? :P So I am going to be inquisitive because she hates questions and I'm also going to start asking when we are stopping for the night and how much farther things are! She just sits up in the cab all day - she might get paid shit but its her job to make sure we get what we need out of the trip and I need more info! So that's my new mission - enjoy myself and not worry about her!

I hope we get lunch soon - I'm a bit cranky...

No comments:

Post a Comment