Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Trans - Rabat

We are in the capital of Morocco! After a long 300km drive from the port yesterday...we arrived to our "bush camp" in the rain and in the dark! Fun times to set up the tent! Luckily I didn't have to cook dinner!! The campsite is well used by Overland Truck tours so its got a lot of rubbish everywhere - ICK!


OMG! A lot has happened since I wrote the last paragraph...I'll try to start at the beginning but its exciting and involves the police :P So Rabat...shitty campsite last night. And cold rainy...blah blah blah...and I can't make it through the night without getting up to have to go to the bathroom! Luckily my tent mate is a good sleeper because I make a lot of ruckus climbing out and back into the tent!

Anyways....so after I woke up at 6am to pee again...I gave up sleeping as people were already gathering around the fire to start the day (Geoff and Eti didn't realize that the clocks had changed back again...LOL). So after a 6am start in the cold rain and the prospect of coming back to that dirty campsite again was not a happy one - oh - I forgot the story of the first time I tried to pee....so the first time I woke up it was like 1am...I dragged myself out of the tent and sadly there were people just finishing around the campfire...so I had to walk quite a ways in order to wee behind a bush...but then it was really dark and I hadn't taken my flashlight-and suddenly there were lots of strange noises!! And I remembered the big dirty dogs that were skulking around at dinner - so I got really scared and ran back to my tent without going to the bathroom...so then I laid in there for like an hour before I decided everyone must be sleeping and I dug out my big flashlight and was able to go back out and use the tree next door!! So not a lot of sleep last night! And while I slept in my big fluffy bathrobe so I was super warm and cozy all night - it was still just a night sleeping on the ground in a very damp, cold tent!

Ok...now I've just had a lovely warm shower and its time for bed so I can have another shower in the AM...I'll explain all about the showers and police in the next post...which will prolly go live the same time as this one since I should get my Moroccan SIM card working tomorrow and be able to upload anytime!!! Good night xx

No comments:

Post a Comment