Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Nepal - Pokhara and a rest day!

We arrived at Pokhara again last night. After a jeep ride and a bus ride down the mountain. We get two nights here!! It's exciting not to have to repack for one night...lol.

We had a great shower (well a luke warm trickle again) and I washed my hair!! Then we said thank you to our amazing porters (they are in the picture) and have them their tip! I honestly can't believe that they can just run (literally they can run) up and down the mountain carrying like 30+ kilos (60+ lbs for those American readers) on their back. Lots of times the load is just held on to them by a strap on their forehead!!! And I saw lots of them wearing just flip flops!! I could barely keep my balance in boots with hiking poles.

Anyways, so we had a farewell dinner with them all. Some of them were going off hiking again the next day!!! Most of us can barely walk, lol.

After dinner I was in bed early. My tummy is still a bit upset so I can't seem to stay out too late.

Then today we had a city tour. We started with a boat ride on Phewa Lake. It's a huge man made lake with a small island in the middle that has a Hindu temple on it. So we wandered there for a bit then boated around the island. We managed to save a pigeon that had fallen in the water. Teresa made the boat rower guy go back and scoop him out.  That was probably the most exciting thing. Then the tour was going on to see the waterfall..I think the one made by the damn, but I didn't want to sight see anymore so we headed back to the hotel. On the way back we stopped for massages. I had the 2hour trekkers massage. Amazing!!! She spent nearly an hour on my calves. It was painful but worth it as I can generally walk normally now (as long as it isn't on stairs..I still struggle with stairs a bit). Anthony had an hour massage then we went and had our laundry done. We did some in the bathtub (our more expensive kit we did ourselves) and the bathtub was full of black scum after!! The rest we had done by one of the laundry places so now we have nice clean happy clothes and are ready for Chitwan national park next. Bus leaves at 8:30 tomorrow!!



















No comments:

Post a Comment