Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Trans - Back on The Trans

So - today is our last day as independent travellers. We are meeting up with The Trans in Ouaga today. I'm actually looking forward to it - if only to get out of Ouaga and to be able to travel in relative comfort!!



Its also Kaye's birthday tonight - so I assume we are having a celebration!! Yay!! I need one to make the trans bearable...especially since we'll prolly be camping at some garbage heap outside of Ouaga. But I'm all packed up and should have enough clean clothes to last until the end of the trip. Oh - and it will be really nice to see my deodorant again! I forgot it on the truck so I haven't worn deodorant in over a week. I find it very impressive that I haven't been that smelly - even through the hot days of trekking and sitting on the crowded dirty buses. I might give up on deodorant altogether when I get back. :P

Ok - I better finish packing so that I'm ready to go as soon as we get the message telling us where the truck is parked!! I have no idea what the plan is from here. I assume we are making our way to Accra as soon as possible so they can try again for Nigerian visas. We have one stop at Mole National Park, which is included in our trip (its the cheapest national park in Africa). And then we'll go to Accra and then to the beach. They better not try to dump me off early. The leader keeps asking when my flight is - I think she's trying to make a schedule that gets them to the beach and then makes it so she doesn't have to get her lazy ass up again. But we were also promised to see the slave forts in Ghana...so I'm going to make sure the truck takes me everywhere I've paid for!! But I fly out on the 24th so only like 10 more days! Woo hoo!!

No comments:

Post a Comment