Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The Trans - The End: Accra Airport

Here I am - at the airport in Accra...its past my bedtime so hopefully we can board the plane soon and I can sleep!!

Today was my last day on The Trans. At about 8:30 this morning I gave my final hugs and watched the big yellow truck pull away for the last time!!
It felt a bit weird to know I was done and wouldn't see anyone again - or at least not for a long time. But the last few days were really good. Sitting at the beach and relaxing and Kaye, Kris and I even snuck away to the bar last night without a whole gaggle of people for a few quiet drinks. I had my last truck dinner (pasta with pesto and no fresh anything because no one did any shopping) and then basically went to bed at 9pm!!

I woke up in time this morning to say good-bye then went for my brekkie!! A lovely swim with Eti after and a long relaxing morning at the beach. Then I had lunch with Geoff and Eti before they headed off on their remaining 2 months of travel. I paid my bill at the hotel (ouch) and then had one more swim at the beach! I'm gonna miss the warmth and swimming...but it wasn't as fun by myself, especially since a bunch of kids came over and wanted to swim and talk to me. I just wanted to sit in the water alone - ugh...tired of being stared at all the time. I'm ready to head back to the UK where everyone ignores everyone :P

So - I hope you enjoyed my stories of Africa and hope I didn't complain too much. Overall - it was a good experience and I'm glad I did it. I saw some really nice places and had some great experiences...but I'm happy to be done now and go home!! Yayayayay...hmmm...I think I just heard my name over the loudspeaker...maybe they are giving me a better seat - or maybe I was just dreaming?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment